Saturday 2 October 2010

Zero tolerance is not always bad

Alright, this disappointment is from a battle chat:


Bridgestone: Activity bars get filled via number of players in that tier, not their damage.
Lucy: What is the basis of your claim?
Bridgestone: Experience in Bahamut battles.
Lucy: Bridgestone, it may have happened. Just as it may start to rain when you clap your hands 14 times. Doesn't mean it is always so.
Opel Astra: No reason to be a smart ass about it, Lucy.
Carrot Paradise: Lucy, I would appreciate no more comments. My battles have always been FUN!


So I chose sarcasm as my tactics? That aside, I made an analogy to help to understand the situation. I'm sorry, but I tend to get defensive when someone claims something that is not true. And I don't think it is fun when wrong claims are not reacted upon.

Alright, we seemingly had the same number of top tier players, yet the bar moved rapidly, while not much, if any, attackers were added. Fine, we can test this theory, somebody be the test bunny. The said bunny will summon, top tier will tag, and then we'd see if the bar is filled.

Anyway, not needed, Castle Age help says The bonus reward bars will fill up as the different level ranges perform damage during the battle. Wiki adds:


(The numbers are based on approximations, and should not be considered accurate at this time. If you can help us determine what the numbers truly are, please help us on this page's discussion page)

Level 1-49: 2.5 million
Level 50-99: 5 million
Level 100-149: 25 million
Level 150+: ??? (30 million?)


It says ? because wiki is edited by kind and sharing people. And if this is your clever argument, that wiki is edited by people, well, it has a very simple counterclaim - "As opposed to what? Encyclopaedia Britannica, which is edited by monkeys?".

And more intelligent counterclaim - "Wiki has free access, anyone can edit, but, it also means that if someone adds complete rubbish, there are people who will remove it.". It is not like if someone claims the Earth is flat, it is going to stay there.

We have had polite and intelligent discussions with Carrot Paradise. If she defriends me after my current post, who's childish?

Edit:

Lucy: Well... I've been chain attacked by some people in this battle. I guess you are really hurt by me using sarcasm. However, I was not wrong. What FUN did I spoil? Correcting erroneous claims is spoiling fun, ergo stupidity is fun?

No comments: